Do you have a dog that you love to show off? Here is your chance! The City of Antlers and the Chamber of Commerce are having a dog pageant at the 2023 Homecoming. Dress up your pupper as your favorite decade and come join the fun. There will be give-aways, a raffle and prizes. The Antlers’ Pound will have dogs to adopt, with the adoption fee waived. Local charity organization Kelsea’s Dream will also be on-site with adoptable pooches. You can find the entry form here.
Location: Antlers Livestock Barn
Date & Time: June 17th @ 1pm
Entry fee: $10
Bobbye Jean Carter
The raffle will be held during the dog pageant on July 17th. You can purchase tickets at City Hall or at the Chamber Office.
- Dog must be leashed at all times.
- Dog messes must be cleaned up within the park, handler is responsible for performing this task.
- Keep in mind many things will be occurring simultaneously at the event, this may make some animals excitable, so please keep control of your dog
- Handler is responsible for the dog’s actions, if these actions are deemed unsafe, the handler may be asked to remove dog from park.
- Please do not approach another dog without asking their handler for permission
- Entry fee is by donations of any amount, dog food, bowls, or blankets.
- Dog must have Rabies vaccination. (We will not need proof of shot records). We apologize for any inconvenience but we have to be cautious in the event of a bite.
- Smallest Dog, Biggest Dog, Cutest Dog, Best Dressed, & Best Trick.
- Best Tricks are limited to 90 seconds to perform said trick.
- Dog must be leashed at all times, even when performing best trick. Remember there is leash laws in town.
- Props are only allowed during Best Trick performance ex. Balls, hoops, other toys, etc. No additional time will be given for set up.
Audience and Contestant Etiquette
- All attendees will respect the decisions of the judges; any obscene or obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated.
- At no time should a contestant or parent approach the judges.
- Any attendee who wishes to take photos or videos of the event shall not distract or impede contestants, judges, or other attendees.
- First Bank and the City of Antlers are not responsible for any loss, stolen, or damaged property. Nor are they responsible for any injuries that may occur before, during, or after the pageant.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any contestant or refuse entry to anyone who we feel is displaying bad sportsmanship or misconduct.